If you are running Botiga Pro with version prior to v1.2.9, please refer to the old documentation here.
Here is how you can create a custom Content Block template. This type of template is useful to render custom content across specific areas from your website. For example, you might render custom content inside a mega menu dropdown or modal popup content.
1. Go to Botiga > Theme Dashboard and activate the Templates Builder module;
2. Click on Build Templates:
3. Click on Add Template:
4. Name your template:
5. Click on ‘Create New’ and select your prefered builder:
Content blocks are useful to render custom layouts to specific areas. For example, you might create a custom ‘content block’ without any display condition to be rendered in other website areas through the theme options.
- How to render custom content inside a mega menu dropdown
- How to render custom content inside modal popup
The templates builder is ready to use with either WordPress Block Editor (Gutenberg) or Elementor page builder.
6. If you are using the default WordPress Block Editor (Gutenberg), click on the plus icon and search for the Botiga templates builder components to insert on the page. If you are using the Elementor page builder, just skip this step and proceed to the next one.
7. If you are using the Elementor page builder, once you are in the editor page, you can find the Botiga widgets under ‘Botiga WooCommerce’ in the left sidebar. If you are using the default WordPress Block Editor (Gutenberg), just skip this step and check step 6.
8. Once you are done with everything, remember to publish/save the changes.