This feature is only available in Sydney Pro. To learn more about Sydney Pro, please go here.
The Live Chat module adds a floating icon for WhatsApp on your website. By clicking on it, your visitors can quickly open WhatsApp in the browser or even the WhatsApp app. It’s an easy way to allow potential customers to quickly get in touch with you.
How to activate the Live Chat module
To activate the Live Chat module, please go to your admin area and from there go to Appearance > Theme Dashboard. Once you’re here, locate the Live Chat module and click on Activate.
Configure and display the WhatsApp floating icon
All options related to this module are available in the Customizer and you can reach them by going to Appearance > Customize > General > Live Chat.
Let’s see what options are available for this module:
- Whatsapp Number: the phone number where you want to be contacted;
- Initial User Message: an optional message that you can use to save your visitor’s time so he doesn’t have to type himself, e.g. Hello, I’m interested in your services;
- Mode: Popup or Direct link. If you choose Popup, you can configure something like in the following image, if you choose Direct Link your visitors will go straight to WhatsApp:
- Display conditions: you can select the specific pages where you want to display your floating WhatsApp icon:
- Only show on Mobile: an useful option if you only want to allow your mobile visitors to contact you via WhatsApp.
- Icon position and offset: with these options, you can choose to display the icon either on the left or the right-hand side of your website, as well as adjust the offset
- Popup: these options let you configure the text from the popup, like the heading, message, and button text
- User consent: these options are useful if you want to make the user accept your terms before contacting you via WhatsApp. You can configure the text and you can even use HTML to add a link to your terms page. The Start Chat button will not be clickable until the user accepts the terms.