The Waitlist module enables your customers to sign up to a waitlist for out-of-stock products.
Once the stock status of a product changes to out-of-stock (you can update the status either manually or using WooCommerce’s stock tracker functionality), a waitlist signup form replaces the add-to-cart button on the product page until the product becomes available again.
Merchant Pro will automatically send the subscribers an email notification when the product is back in stock.
In the screenshot below, you can see an example of Merchant Pro’s Waitlist module on a WooCommerce product page (for the example below, we used the free Beauty demo of our Botiga theme):
Note that Merchant will only show the waitlist signup form for out-of-stock products:
You can set the stock status of a product to ‘out of stock’ on the product page.
Scroll down to the Product data section, open the Inventory tab, and change the Stock status option to ‘Out of stock’.
You can also make WooCommerce track your stock quantity automatically by checking the ‘Track stock quantity for this product’ checkbox:
Now let’s see how you can configure and enable Merchant Pro’s Waitlist module.
1. Open the Waitlist Module
Open your Merchant dashboard by clicking the Merchant menu in the left sidebar of your WordPress admin area.
Under the Convert More heading, click the Waitlist module to open its settings page:
2. Configure the Form Settings
On the admin page of the Waitlist module, you’ll find two groups of settings:
- form settings
- email settings
First, let’s see the form settings.
Find the Form Settings section and configure the following options:
- Form title – This is the text that Merchant Pro will show above the waitlist signup form.
- Form email label – Here, you can set up a placeholder text shown inside the input field (e.g. ‘Your Email Address’).
- Form button text – This is the label of the signup button (e.g. ‘Notify Me’).
- Form success message – This is the message that Merchant Pro will show your customers on your website right after they submit the form.
Once the form settings are configured, click the Save button in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Customize the Email Settings
You can find the Email Settings right under the Form Settings on the Waitlist module’s admin page.
Merchant Pro will email your customers twice:
- First, when they sign up for the notification.
- Second, when the product is back in stock.
In the Email Settings section, you can customize the text of both emails:
- Email new subscribers – Here, you can compose the first email message that new subscribers will receive.
- Email in-stock update – Here, you can compose the second email message that subscribers will get when the stock status changes back to ‘In stock’ in WooCommerce.
Once the email settings are configured, click the Save button in the top-right corner of the page.
4. Enable the Waitlist Module
To activate the module, click the Enable button at the top of the page: