The Free Gifts module allows you to reward your customers with a free gift if they hit a specified spending target or apply a coupon at your WooCommerce store.
You can create your free offerings on a per-product basis and decide where and how you want to show the free gift widget on your website. You can set up as many gifts as you want.
As you can see in the screenshot below, the Free Gifts module sticks a stylish gift icon to the left side of your website. On top of the icon, it displays a counter that shows the number of the available gifts:
When the customer clicks the gift icon, a slide-in widget appears on the screen that shows the details of the available gifts, including the name, thumbnail image, and original price of each free offering — as well as the amount that the customer still needs to spend to receive it as a gift:
Once the customer reaches the specified spending target, Merchant Pro adds the gift to the cart and it disappears from the widget:
Below, we’ll see how you can configure and enable Merchant Pro’s Free Gifts module on your WordPress site.
1. Open the Free Gifts Module
First, open your Merchant dashboard by clicking the Merchant menu in the left sidebar of your WordPress admin area.
Find the Boost Revenue section, and click the Free Gifts module to open its settings page:
2. Configure the Module’s Settings
On the admin page of the Free Gifts module, you’ll find four groups of settings — we recommend that you review and configure each option before activating the module:
- Settings – Here, you can choose the type of your offering (it can be based on either the cart total or the cart subtotal).
- Display Settings – This group of options lets you configure where you want to show the Free Gifts widget on your website.
- Text Formatting Settings – These settings allow you to change the text strings in the Free Gifts widget.
- Style Settings – Here, you can customize the design of your widget.
Once you’ve configured all the settings, click the Save button in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Enable the Free Gifts Module
To activate the module, click the Enable button at the top of the module’s page:
4. Offer a Product as a Free Gift
Once the module is activated, new product options will appear on each of your WooCommerce product pages.
Go to the Products > All Products menu in your WordPress admin area and open the product you want to offer as a free gift.
Then, scroll down to the Merchant Product Options section, and open the Free Gifts tab. Click the Add New Gift button to create a rule for your free offering (you can either define a spending goal or choose a coupon):