The Cart Reserved Timer module shows your customers an alert message with a countdown timer on your Cart page that informs them that the products in the cart are reserved only for a limited time.
Here’s what the alert message looks like on the Cart page of a WooCommerce store (the design below has been created with the free Beauty demo of our Botiga WooCommerce theme):
The screencast video below shows how the cart reserved timer works in action:
Let’s see how to configure and activate Merchant Pro’s Cart Reserved Timer module.
1. Open the Cart Reserved Timer Module
Open your Merchant dashboard by clicking the Merchant menu in the left sidebar of your WordPress admin area.
Under the Reduce Abandonment heading, click the Cart Reserved Timer module to open its settings page:
2. Configure the Settings
On the module’s admin page, find the Settings section and configure the following options:
- Countdown duration minutes – Here, you can define how long Merchant Pro will show the cart reserved message on the Cart page.
- Cart reserved message – This is the message that will appear at the top of the notification banner.
- Timer message for > 1 min – This is the message that will appear at the bottom of the notification banner (below the ‘cart reserved message’) when there’s more than a minute remaining.
- Timer message for < 1 min – This is the message that will appear at the bottom of the notification banner (below the ‘cart reserved message’) when there’s less than a minute remaining.
- What to do after the timer expires? – Here, you can choose between two options. The ‘Hide timer’ option will remove the timer from the Cart page but won’t clear the cart, while the ‘Clear cart’ option will both remove the timer and clear the cart once the countdown ends.
- Choose an icon – Here, you can choose between four styles for the alert icon that Merchant Pro will display on the left side of the notification banner.
- Choose background color – This option lets you change the background color of the notification banner.
Once the settings are configured, click the Save button in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Enable the Cart Reserved Timer Module
To activate the module, click the Enable button at the top of the page: