The Add To Cart Text module enables you to customize the labels of the Add To Cart buttons in your WooCommerce store.
You can show a different Add To Cart text on simple, variable, and out-of-stock products — both globally and on a per-product basis. You can also define different Add To Cart labels for single product and catalog pages (including the Shop page).
In the screenshot below, you can see an example of an Add To Cart button with a custom label (‘Drop Into Cart’) on a single product page in a WooCommerce store (created with the free Beauty demo of our Botiga WooCommerce theme):
On your Shop and catalog pages, you can display either the same or a different Add To Cart label:
Now let’s see how you can customize and enable Merchant’s Add To Cart Text module.
1. Open the Add To Cart Text Module
First, open your Merchant dashboard by clicking the Merchant menu in the left sidebar of your WordPress admin area.
Find the Convert More section, and click the Add To Cart Text module to open its settings page:
2. Configure the Global Settings
To set up custom Add To Cart labels globally, configure the following options on the module’s admin page:
- Simple Product – Here, you can set up custom Add To Cart labels for your simple WooCommerce products (i.e. products without any variations in characteristics such as color, material, design, etc.). The first option customizes the labels on the Shop and catalog pages, while the second option customizes the labels on single product pages.
- Variable Product – Here, you can set up custom Add To Cart labels for variable products.
- Out of Stock Product – This option lets you show a custom label when a product is out of stock.
When the ‘Customize label on single product page‘ option is toggled off, Merchant will show the default Add To Cart label on single product pages:
Once the global settings are configured, click the Save button in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Enable the Module
To activate the module, click the Enable button at the top of the page:
4. Customize the Add To Cart Text on a Per-Product Basis
Once the module is activated, new product options will appear on each of your WooCommerce product pages where you can define custom Add To Cart labels for individual products.
To do so, go to the Products > All Products menu in your WordPress admin area and open a product by hovering your cursor over it and clicking the Edit link.
Then, scroll down to the Merchant Product Options section, open the Add To Cart Text tab, and add the labels you want to display on the respective single product page and all the Shop/catalog pages that include this individual product:
Once you’ve added the labels, scroll back to the top of the page, click the Preview Changes button, and if everything looks as expected, hit the Update button to make the changes live.
As you can see in the screenshot below, Merchant replaced the global ‘Place an Order’ label with the ‘Give It a Try’ label we’ve just defined for the product, while it keeps using the global label for the rest of the products: