Merchant’s free Product Labels module lets you add customizable labels on top of your product images to promote special deals, discounts, or events, highlight new products, and more.
You can add as many product labels to your WooCommerce store as you want and assign different display conditions and colors to each.
In the screenshot below, you can see an example of three various product labels (featured, new, out of stock) showing up on the Shop page of a WooCommerce store:
Now, let’s see how you can enable and configure the Product Labels module.
1. Open the Product Labels Module
Open your Merchant dashboard by clicking the Merchant menu in the left sidebar of your WordPress admin area.
Under the Convert More heading, click the Product Labels module to open its settings page:
2. Add and Configure Your Product Labels
Before enabling the Product Labels module, we recommend that you add and configure the product labels.
You can find the Settings section on the module’s page below the Enable button. This is where you can add and customize all the product labels you want to show on your store.
You get access to the following settings:
- Label – This is the text shown on the product label (for products on sale, you can also show the sale percentage).
- Pages to display – Here, you can choose whether you want to show the product label only on single product pages, only on product archive pages (e.g. on the Shop page and product category pages), or on both types of pages.
- Display rules – Here, you can set where you want to display the product label (you can show it on featured products, products on sale, new products, out-of-stock products, or products in a specific category).
- Background color – You can use a color picker to set the background color of the product label.
- Text color – You can use a color picker to set the text color of the product label.
- Add – This button adds a new product label to your WooCommerce store. You can add as many product labels as you want and set different display and color rules for each. Any time you want to add another product label to your store, just click the Add button.
- Position – This is the position of your product labels (you can choose between the top left and top right corner of the product image).
- Shape radius – Here, you can define the border radius of your product labels (0px means completely square labels; a higher number means more rounded labels).
- Letter case – Here, you can set up the capitalization rules used on your product labels (the available options are uppercase, lowercase, capitalize, and none).
- Padding – Here, you can define the space around the text on your product labels, in pixels.
- Font size – This is the font size of the text on your product labels, in pixels (the font type depends on your theme).
Note that the settings below the Add button apply to all your product labels to create a coherent style and make your store look tidy and neat:
Once all the product labels are added and the settings are configured, click the Save button in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Enable the Product Labels Module
Finally, click the Enable button at the top of the page to activate the module: