Merchant’s Cart Count Favicon module adds the number of items that the customer has already added to the cart to the favicon of your WooCommerce store.
As the favicon remains visible even when your customer navigates away from your store, the cart counter serves as a visual reminder that they have already started the shopping process.
Showing a cart counter on the favicon is a popular eCommerce feature that reduces the cart abandonment rate.
In the screenshot below, you can see an example of Merchant’s Cart Count Favicon module on the frontend of a WooCommerce shop (created with our free Botiga starter design for Beauty stores):
The cart count favicon updates every time the customer adds a new item to the cart.
- Currently, this module only works on desktop browsers.
- To make the module work, you also need to add a favicon to your store.
For example, with our free Botiga theme for WooCommerce stores, you can add a favicon using the Site Identity options available from the Botiga dashboard (to test it, you can launch a live demo with both Merchant and Botiga installed):
Now let’s see how to enable and configure Merchant’s Cart Count Favicon module.
1. Open the Cart Count Favicon Module
Open your Merchant dashboard by clicking the Merchant menu in the left sidebar of your WordPress admin area.
Under the Reduce Abandonment heading, click the Cart Count Favicon module to open its settings page:
2. Configure Your Cart Count Favicon
Before activating the Cart Count Favicon module, it’s recommended that you configure its design.
In the Settings section on the module’s page, you can change the cart counter’s:
- shape (circle or rectangle)
- location (top left, top right, bottom left, or bottom right)
- background color
- text color
- animation repetition interval (1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 5 seconds, or never)
Once the settings are configured, click the Save button in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Enable the Cart Count Favicon Module
To activate the module, click the Enable button at the top of the page: