Here are a few easy steps you need to follow in order to make your Astrid-powered website look similar to our demo site.
1. Install the theme
Install the theme by going to Appearance > Themes > Add New. Once you’re here, either search for the theme or upload the .zip file in case you’ve downloaded the theme manually;
2. Import demo content
This step is optional. This is the easiest way to get a quick start with Astrid as it will reproduce our demo site on your own site.
1. Download and install this plugin: One Click Demo Import
2. Download the demo content from here
3. Go to Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Import Demo Data. Click in the Import Content and select the file demo-content.xml.
4. Click in the button Continue & Import
5. Again, go to Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Import Demo Data. Click in the Import Widgets and select the file widgets.wie. Click in the Import Customizer and select the file customize.dat.
6. Click in the button Continue & Import
7. Go to Appearance > Menus, select Menu in the top dropdown. Check it as Primary at Display Location option and save the menu.
8. Go to Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays. Check the option A static page. For homepage dropdown select the page Homepage. For the posts page dropdown select the page Blog.
click here to go to the next tutorial.