The Floating Mini Cart module adds a stylish floating cart icon to either the bottom left or bottom right corner of your site that reveals a side cart with an information-rich product summary and smartly placed call-to-action buttons — using an elegant sliding animation effect.
You can choose from five stylish icons and customize every design aspect of your floating mini cart.
On top of the mini cart icon, Merchant Pro also displays a counter that shows the number of products that the customer has already added to the cart.
In the screenshot below, you can see the mini cart icon in a closed state (note that it’s visible on your entire website, including your homepage, blog, and other pages — except on the Cart page):
Below, you can also take a look at what the side cart looks like once it’s expanded.
As you can see, it shows every important detail, including the name, thumbnail image, price, and amount of each of the added products as well as the subtotal and two stylish call-to-action buttons that take the customer to the Checkout or Cart page:
Now let’s see how to configure and enable Merchant Pro’s Floating Mini Cart module on your WordPress site.
1. Open the Floating Mini Cart Module
First, open your Merchant dashboard by clicking the Merchant menu in the left sidebar of your WordPress admin area.
Find the Reduce Abandonment section, and click the Floating Mini Cart module to open its settings page:
2. Configure the Module’s Settings
On the admin page of the Floating Mini Cart module, you’ll find two groups of settings — we recommend that you review and configure each option before activating the module:
- Icon Settings – These settings let you customize the behavior and design of the floating mini cart icon, including its display rule, position, color, borders, and more. You can also choose from five elegant icon styles.
- Side Cart Settings – Here, you can configure the content and style of your expanded side cart, including its width, title, text, colors, and more.
Once you’ve configured all the settings, click the Save button in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Enable the Floating Mini Cart Module
To activate the module, click the Enable button at the top of the page: