In Active, we have made it so you can add any kind of filter to your collection page. This means that you can filter your products by size, color, length, width and anything else you want)
This isn’t possible by default in Shopify. To do this Active utilises the product tag feature from Shopify.
• Active uses this format to add new filters:
To better understand this and add new filters to your store, follow these steps:
> Click Products from your Shopify admin
> Select the product you want to have the custom filter for
> Let’s say we want to have a filter for size, we would tag the product with the following format
In our collection “Size” would be the filter heading, while XS would be the value.
To not have any conflicts with other tags, we have made it so you have to enable the “FILTERNAME” in the customizer. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Open the Active Customizer
2. From the page selector, select “Collection pages”
3. On the left side, click the “Collection pages” tab
4. In the “Filter Type” field select “Side Filter” as advanced filters only work with the “Side Filter”
5. In the “Tags to filter by” field, type in the “FILTERNAME” you used in the product tags. For example if you have tags:
Size_S, Size_M, Size_L
you will type in “Size”.
If you have:
Color_Red, Color_Black, Color_Blue
You will type in “Color”
The end result will be: