How to upgrade to Sydney Pro 2
Updating from Sydney Pro version 1.57 to Sydney Pro version 2.0.0 (and above) is a manual process because this is a major update. This is the only time you have to follow these steps, after you are on version 2 you can use automatic updates again.
- If you purchased the Developer or Lifetime bundles, please follow just the steps from B. because the theme is already in your account, ready to be downloaded.
- It is always a good idea to take backups before making major changes to your website.
A. Here are the steps you need to get your copy of Sydney Pro 2:
- Go to Your account, find your Sydney Pro payment and click on View Licenses
- Click on View Upgrades
- Click the Upgrade License link next to Sydney Pro 2. You will be taken to the Checkout page where you just have to click on Free Download
B. Now that you have downloaded your copy of Sydney Pro 2 you will need to install it but first, you'll need to delete your existing copy of Sydney Pro:
- From your site's admin area, navigate to Appearance > Themes;
- Switch to a different theme for a few seconds;
- Click on Sydney Pro and then from the right hand side click on Delete;
- Install and activate Sydney Pro 2 using the .zip archive you've downloaded earlier (just like you originally installed it - go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload theme).